Practical Sailor gives a thumbs up to our BAD BOY Xtreme! - Read it here
Bitstorm's BAD BOY Xtreme gets you on the web. Pulls in and locks onto the weakest signals. How do we do this? By putting the highest power Wi-Fi device available right at and connected directly to the antenna, the antenna cable is eliminated. No cable losses. What this means is that all of the available power (up to 36dBm or 4W EIRP) goes out the antenna for maximum range and best possible reception. And the data goes to your computer via a digital (not analog) outdoor grade cable. And since it's digital, you can locate your Wi-Fi device in the best location up to 300 feet (90 meters) away. Masthead installation with its ideal range and clear line-of-sight is now possible. They put your VHF antenna at the highest place for a reason. The same is true with Wi-Fi. No more compromises!
The biggest problem is often the line of sight that's needed for Wi-Fi. Surroundings that have water, wood and metal all conspire to reduce range. Then there's the miniscule power that laptops put out - you can see the hotspot access point but it can't hear your laptop. Unlike laptops and other mobile devices which put out only 35-50mW, this Bad Boy puts out up to 4W (36dBm) of power to get you connected. And keep you connected!
Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux... any operating system. Rugged, completely weatherproof and continues operating in extreme temperatures. Select Wi-Fi Access Points through your browser so there's no software to install. Multiple mounting options to choose from. And why not complete your system with an Unleashed rebroadcaster that lets you go completely cable free and use the Wi-Fi already built into your computer.
Any operating system: Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
No software to install
Built in router allowing multiple connections to computer, IP cameras, etc.
Rugged, outdoor, weatherproof, extended temperature range
High power: up to 36dBm (4W) EIRP
Line-Of-Sight reception range of greater than 5 miles (~8km)
Choice of rail / flat surface mount, 1-14 standard adapter, backstay mount or pole mount (pole mount is not recommended for use on boat)
Regulated output Power Injector, 5-30VDC input voltage
Remote Reset feature
No coax antenna cable needed
All digital outdoor, PVC jacket, UV protected cable
Easy do-it-yourself installation - no special tools required
Extended warranty coverage available for up to 3 years
1. All Bitstorm products are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase under normal use. Warranty does not cover damage caused as a result of improper installation.
2. The customer is responsible for delivering the defective product to the designated RMA address for repair or replacement.
3. At its discretion, Bitstorm will repair or replace a product that was found to be defective by Bitstorm during the warranty period.
4. This warranty does not cover labor cost for removing and reinstalling the device for repair nor for any expendable parts that are readily replaced in normal use.
5. The sole responsibility of Bitstorm under this warranty shall be limited to repair of this product, or replacement thereof, at the sole discretion of Bitstorm.
6. All RMA items shipped to Bitstorm must be freight prepaid. Bitstorm will pay the return freight via a service of Bitstorm's choice. Customer is responsible for payment of any shipping upgrades.
Limitation of Warranty
This warranty does not apply if product:
a. has been opened and/or altered, except by Bitstorm technical personnel,
b. has been painted in way shape or form,
c. has been damaged due to errors or defects in customer provided cabling,
d. has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, including lightening strike, misuse, negligence or accident,
e. has been improperly installed, including wiring errors or damage done to cable during installation,
f. failure to apply supplied dielectric grease to device connector,
g. has had removal of MAC address label (if one was affixed), or
h. has been loaded with incorrect firmware or attempted to have incorrect firmware loaded.
What information will be required?
1. Customer name, contact information, and shipping information.
2. Date and location of purchase (we may request a copy of the invoice as proof of purchase in certain, limited circumstance).
3. Problem description.
4. MAC address of each unit (if available).
5. Troubleshooting actions taken so far.
*** International Customers ***
1. Customer to use their own shipping account when sending products back to Bitstorm.
2. When sending back RMA, the commercial invoice must declare “Return For Repair” and “NO Commercial Value”. The total value of the commercial invoice cannot exceed $10.00USD. If these steps are not followed, the RMA will not be accepted or fulfilled.